[Openstack] storage for virtual machines

Sébastien Han han.sebastien at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:02:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

If you planned to use Swift to store the virtual images disk and run
instance over Swift: it's not possible.
If you planned to use swift for nova-volume (cinder) and attaching disk:
it's also not possible.

Swift is *NOT*:

   - a filesystem
   - a block device

Perhaps, Swift can be use as a backend for Glance and of course object
storage like S3.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.