[Openstack] Development/Debugging

Salman Malik salmanmk at live.com
Mon Jun 11 17:19:27 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I have been trying to get my head around the OpenStack functionality for a while now but unfortunately haven't been able to grasp it. I am interested on working on Quantum (and may be creating new plugins) but I am still unable to debug my own problems. So I thought it would be best for me to learn from how code works. Although I have been looking at the code for quite some time but didn't get anywhere. Now I have installed Pydev on Eclipse and am wondering how to run the massive OpenStack code in debug mode (so as to learn the call/control flow) ? So I thought I could get some help from OpenStack gurus like how do you people develop/debug problems ? What environment are you using ? Any suggestions/tips are welcome.
(Please note that I have read the nova and Quantum administration guides and also looked at the nova developer's guide)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Salman