[Openstack] Errors running individual tests that call into the database

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Mon Jun 11 16:04:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to run tests like "test_xenapi" and "test_libvirt" by themselves do things like:
   nosetests test_xenapi
But it does work, I get DB errors relating to missing tables. However, I can successfully run all the tests.

The way I understand it:
 - nova.tests.__init__.py setup() does the database setup
 - nova.test.py TestCase.setUp() does the resetting of the db
 It is almost like doing "nosetests test_asdf" skips the database setup in nova.tests.__init__.py, is that correct?

Any ideas on how to run tests individually, but still get the database correclty initialized? Am I just calling the tests incorrectly?

Thanks,
John