[Openstack] [Netstack] [Quantum] Review days for Quantum core devs

Edgar Magana (eperdomo) eperdomo at cisco.com
Mon Jun 11 15:18:05 UTC 2012

+1

Edgar

From: netstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com at lists.launchpad.net
[mailto:netstack-bounces+eperdomo=cisco.com at lists.launchpad.net] On
Behalf Of Salvatore Orlando
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 2:25 AM
To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Cc: netstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: [Netstack] [Quantum] Review days for Quantum core devs

Hi,

During our last project meeting there was some interest in introducing
"review days" for Quantum core devs.

I see multiple benefits in this approach:

1) Contributors would know which core member the need to contact on a
given days for soliciting a review for their patches

2) Predictable code review effort for core devs

3) The PTL knows who should be whipped!

I think we can leverage the fact that our core devs span several time
zones. So for each day we can have, for instance, an EMEA core reviewer
on duty between 1AM and 9AM PST, an US core reviewer on duty between 9AM
and 5PM PST, and an APAC core reviewer on duty between 5PM and 1AM PST.

Of course the plan needs to be flexible especially around milestone
release, where all the devs which are not busy coding should probably
dedicate more time to code review.

I am going to start a wiki page with a 5x3 grid, with days on the rows
and zones on the columns. If you like this idea, +1 this email and add
your name to the grid :)

Otherwise, please let me have your feedback and concerns.

Salvatore