[Openstack] Welcome RHEL/CentOS/Fedora to docland!

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Sun Jun 10 15:47:43 UTC 2012

Hi all -
I just pushed through a couple of changes to the docs landing page and
added a brand new install/deploy guide for RHEL, CentOS, and Fedora.
Here's a summary:

1. The landing page links now point to /essex/ copies of the guides -
while the content is still identical to /trunk/, comments are enabled
on /essex/.
2. We now have two guides being built from the openstack-install
source - one for Ubuntu 12.04 (apt), one for RHEL, CentOS, and Fedora
(yum).
Ubuntu - http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/
RHEL/CentOS/Fedora -
http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/

I've logged a cleanup bug on the yum one already -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1010163.
Also the cover page won't indicate which one is which until this build
bug is fixed - https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1008579.

Of course we couldn't have done it without the help of our reviewers -
huge props to Lorin Hochstein, Razique Mahroua, Pádraig Brady, Nicolas
Vogel, and Tom Fifield for continually checking the reviews.

Collaborators welcome - and all the collaborators so far are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Anne