[Openstack] [Quantum] Documentation about network attachments

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Thu Jun 7 19:50:22 UTC 2012

On 7 June 2012 19:08, Dan Wendlandt <dan at nicira.com> wrote:
> Where was the reference to "quantum create_net xxx"?  was it in the list of
> all commands supported by the Quantum client?
> (http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/Validation-d1e447.html).
>   Perhaps we should remove this list to avoid confusion, or put a specific
> comment in the Nova section that "quantum create_net" should not be used.

Yes, that was it.  It's the first thing you run, so it stuck in mind;
it looks like perfectly reasonable command to be running; and it comes
back with precisely the UUID you expect to see, with the sole
difference that that ID doesn't actually work. ;)  Also, as it
happens, I didn't want network addresses allocating, so I assumed
doing the Quantum create would be more appropriate - I hadn't realised
that both Quantum and Nova need a net record.

--
Ian.