[Openstack] How to create an image from a running instance on LXC

Sajith Kariyawasam sajhak at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:46:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have several LXC based instances created and running in OpenStack. I need
to create an image from one of those running instance after doing some
customizations.

I followed the documentation provided in [1], but that seems to be only for
KVM or Xen. Does it work for LXC s as well, the same way?

I have been trying the same commands, its almost about 1 hour i started
creating the image, but still it is in "SAVING" state.. suggestions
please..

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/creating-images-from-running-instances.html

--