[Openstack] setting up virtual machines with openstack

Udit Agarwal fzdudit at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:57:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

  I have set up openstack-swift in my lab with 3 systems  with a proxy node
on one system and two storage nodes each on different system. One storage
node has only one storage device while the other has 2 storage devices. The
swift setup worked fine and I did some tests on it and they too worked fine.
Now, I want to set up virtual machines on my system and want to run multiple
virtual machine instances in parallel . But I don't know about what are the
exact installation steps that are needed to be done after the swift
installation. I guess I need to install Glance and nova compute to achieve
the same. Please correct me if I am wrong.

  Can anyone help me in this matter.

  Thanks in advance.

--Udit Agarwal