[Openstack] [OpenStack][Nova] VM cannot be shutdown after installing NOVA

Sajith Kariyawasam sajhak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:02:27 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I Installed OpenStack Nova, Glance and KeyStone in an Ubuntu-12.04 virtual
machine (Guest OS), in Virtual Box.

Thereafter I'm having issues when shutting down the virtual machine (Guest
machine), when I shut it down, it gets logged off only. So i have to force
it power off. Thereafter restarting the machine I'm getting system errors,
saying
Exceptions has occurred, and asks for submitting bug reports. The issues
seems to be having,
        "nova-scheduler was shutdown unexpectedly .. "
         "nova-dhcpbridge was shutdown unexpectedly .. "

So, i guess this is a result of forcing power off the VM ....

Is there any workaround for this? or is this a known issue ?

Thanks in advance
Sajith