[Openstack] OpenStack :: Instance Spawning Error

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:22:10 UTC 2012

Hi-

I have Installed Openstack Essex on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine following the
instructions from Openstack Compute Starter Guide May
4,2012<http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/starter/content/Introduction_to_OpenStack_and_its_components-d1e59.html>
.

I have downloaded Ubuntu 12.04 image from the Ubuntu Repository. And
Followed the instructions of Image management from the
Guide<http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/booting-a-test-image.html>
.

When I boot the image using the command,

$> nova boot --image cirros-0.3.0-x86_64 --flavor m1.small --key_name test
my-first-server

The Image is moving from the states Scheduling, Networking and to Spawning.
In the Spawning phase, a Error is returned. For the image I used m1.small
flavor.

I have two doubts/queries here.

[1] How to bring up the instance.

[2] I have the Client-1, Server-1 and Server-2 setup as given in the
STARTER guide. How the VM are created in Server-2 from Server-1?
     It might be a very basic query, But I was struck very hardly there.

Kindly please guide me understand the issue.

Thanking you.

--
Regards,