[Openstack] Clarification on Ceilometer Implementation

Kobagana Kumar kobagana_kumar at persistent.co.in
Wed Jun 6 09:33:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to implement Agent module in Ceilometer. Regarding that I
have few doubts:

How Ceilometer capturing the usage details?

As we are already know "nova simple usage" module captures the usage
details of nova. It works at API level. But here in ceilometer we are
trying to implement Agent module at compute level. For that how can we
capture the usage details?

What is the format of Plug- In?

We can implement plug-in in various ways. We can use dictionary format,
JSON format, etc. In which format Ceilometer implementing the plug - in
and what are the attributes in that.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar

DISCLAIMER