[Openstack] vnetX

William Herry william.herry.china at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 06:55:00 UTC 2012

when a instance created, a network interface call vnetX will be created and
attach to that instance

I find related info about this in nova/virt/libvirt/vif.py, ip and tunctl
seem to be the tool to create that,
but one of our compute node base on centos6.2, iproute is not support
tuntap(show error when I run ip tuntap add)
and uml-utilities(provide tunctl command) is not installed, but vnetX still
be created when launch a instance

my question is, how did vnetX created, doesn't nova code handle this, or
this work belong to libvirt
can I create this kind interface manually and attach to instance, how to do
this

Thanks

--

William Herry