[Openstack] Question on nova disk injection...

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jun 5 21:42:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Just some questions that I had about how nova is doing disk injection and such.

I was noticing that it the main disk/api.py does a lot of tee, cat and similar commands. Is there any reason it couldn't just use the standard python open and write data and such.

Is it because of sudo access (which is connected to rootwrap?), just wondering since it seems sort of odd that to write a file there a tee call has to be done with piped input, when python already has file operators and such...

Thx!