[Openstack] Swift API - Differences between API docs and code

Adrian Smith adrian_f_smith at dell.com
Tue Jun 5 19:18:27 UTC 2012

I've been digging about in the Swift codebase recently and I've come
across a few few features that aren't documented in the API docs. For
example, metadata at the account level, "prefix" parameter at the
account level, "end_marker" parameter, object versioning (new in
1.5.0). These are just a few. I'm sure there are other examples.
Should these features be included in the API docs (perhaps v2.0) or
were they purposely left out? Obviously the code will continue to
evolve but I'm curious what the situation is regarding the
documentation.

On a related note, where can I find the docbook source used to
generate the Swift API documentation,
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-object-storage/1.0/content/index.html.
I've looked around in the openstack-manuals project but can't seem to
find anything.

Thanks

Adrian