[Openstack] Nova "migrate" and "resize"

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:17:30 UTC 2012

Hi,
I spent some time today trying understand how to use successfully the
“resize” and “migrate” in nova.  Because I couldn’t find any
documentation… I share my experience.
I have a kvm multi-node installation using fedora 16.

Migrate and resize use ssh to create the directories and transfer the image.
So you need to make sure that “nova” user is able to ssh the other
compute nodes.

Make sure you have this in your ssh configuration:
Host *
         StrictHostKeyChecking no
         UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null

Create a ssh key for “nova” and distribute it in your setup.
If you are using Fedora set selinux to permissive.
… and should work.

cheers,
Belmiro