[Openstack] Adding panel to a dashboard - Horizon

Tres Henry tres at treshenry.net
Mon Jun 4 19:49:49 UTC 2012

Keystone doesn't currently support querying for capabilities (i.e. what is the Keystone auth backend) so Horizon defines a dict in local_settings that can be used to specify the capabilities of Keystone in your deployment: https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/master/openstack_dashboard/local/local_settings.py.example#L61

By changing "can_edit_user" value you will either turn on, or off, the capability to edit user accounts which includes changing password: https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/master/horizon/dashboards/syspanel/users/forms.py#L111