[Openstack] Enable traffic within a security group

Ding Deng ding.deng at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:13:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'd like to enable traffic among instances within a security group. As
it reads in the Diablo release notes[*]:

   The nova implementation of security groups is slightly different than
   other cloud implementations. Traffic within a security group is not
   automatically enabled. If you want to allow ports (or all traffic)
   within a given security group, you can create a rule using the same
   source and destination group.

However, I've no idea how to "create a rule using the same source and
destination group". Would you please give me an example?

Thanks,
Ding Deng

[*] http://wiki.openstack.org/ReleaseNotes/Diablo