[Openstack] Trying to set up Quantum in Devstack

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon Jun 4 17:04:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Takahiro Shida <shida at intellilink.co.jp>wrote:

> Hi jay,
>
> I think, 'quantum' in ENABLED_SERVICES means quantum client.

This is close, but not completely correct.  'quantum' actually refers to
installing the quantum python server and client libraries and binaries,
without running any of the binaries.  This can be useful if, for example,
you have a host that needs to have the quantum client library installed,
but will not actually be running the quantum service (q-svc) or a quantum
agent (q-agt).  However, the name is confusing, so perhaps we should change
it.

> So, you should add the q-svc in localrc.
>
> ENABLED_SERVICES+=ENABLED_**SERVICES,tempest,quantum,q-svc

Yes, and if you're doing a single-node setup where nova is running on the
same host, you'll want q-agt as well.

Dan

> Best Regards,
> - Takahiro Shida
>

> (2012/06/05 1:14), Jay Pipes wrote:
>
>> Hey Stackers,
>>
>> Trying to get Tempest + Quantum functional integrationt tests running
>> locally and am running into some issues. Hoping to get some assistance.
>>
>> I added this to my localrc:
>>
>> ENABLED_SERVICES+=ENABLED_**SERVICES,tempest,quantum
>>
>> Cleared my /opt/stack to get a fully fresh pull of all services in
>> devstack, but when I run stack.sh, I get the following:
>>
>> http://paste.openstack.org/**show/18331/<http://paste.openstack.org/show/18331/>
>>
>> Is this just a simple configuration issue I've messed up? Any help
>> appreciated!
>>
>> best,
>> -jay

Dan Wendlandt