[Openstack] inter vm communication issue

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:02:33 UTC 2012

On Jun 1, 2012, at 12:46 AM, Bram De Wilde wrote:

> Thanx Vish,
>
> On the name resolution: would you consider this a bug (I can file one if you would like) or a feature?

Bug if it is an easy fix :)

> Could this be fixed by changing the /usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge script to load all mac, hostname, ip combinations for the database instead of just the physical hosts one? Or would this create other issues?

We would have to do some investigation into special settings. We want to make sure that the host doesn't respond to dhcp requests from other hosts. If it is possible to set up dnsmasq to do name resolution for the other hosts without handing ip addresses then we could do it this way. Someone will have to look into it.  It might have to be something a little more complicated like writing out a hosts file in addition to the dhcp file and telling dnsmasq to use it. If you want to investigate the easiest way to configure dnsmasq to do this, that would be a big help.

Vish