[Openstack] Nodejs in horizon

Jan Drake jan_drake at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:25:13 UTC 2012

I was speaking generally not specifically about this issue.  Sounds like you're taking this personally.

See prior comment on developers and languages.  This is not about which language is better: that's just crazy talk. :)

Adding node.js is clearly not onerous. And if most shops don't have JS experience on staff I imagine interfaces and UX must be pretty sterile and difficult to create so I think JS isn't an onerous skill to expect the community to be able to bring to bear.

As I mentioned below I am not in favor of willy nilly addition of technology solutions.  Just warning the community to be aware about RTW and NIH and to use as much leverage as possible to accelerate the delivery of the platform.

You see, I'm a customer.  Give me the best product possible.  I'll put up with one more dependency in my deployment process.  I already have thousands of them.

Jan