[Openstack] The flavor_id and instance type id for flavor extra spec

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Tue Jul 31 10:39:07 UTC 2012

Hi, all
	When I'm trying to add support to python nova-client to list/update flavor extra specs, I noticed that the flavor extra_specs API extension use the flavor ID to access database API, while the corresponding parameter should be instance_type id.
	I create a bug for it at https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1031263, however, there are several options to resolve this issues. I hope to get more feedback on which one will be the right solution. (I uploaded a patch based on one option, but not sure if that's the right method)

Thanks
--jyh