[Openstack] Instance stuck in deleting state with error

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wolfgang.hennerbichler at risc-software.at
Tue Jul 31 05:14:45 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 09:35 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:

> That said, be aware that there is a "reset-state" command to novaclient,
> so that you can do Chris's recommended reset without having to muck
> around with the database directly.

where?
nova help | grep reset
yields nothing.
I think this is one of openstack worst weaknesses, that if the status of
an instance is in error-state and one has to wade through a couple of
logfiles (scheduler, nova-network, nova-compute) in order to find out
what really happened. I would be superior if the error itself would be
reported back to the database.

Wolfgang