[Openstack] Keyring support in openstack

Bhuvaneswaran A bhuvan at apache.org
Mon Jul 30 20:51:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM, David Kranz <david.kranz at qrclab.com> wrote:
> I share Doug's concerns but would state some more strongly. IMO, it is
> simply unacceptable to modify user-visible behavior based on whether some
> package that happens to be used in an implementation is installed or not.
> This package is installed on Ubuntu by default and may be used by other
> applications that have nothing to do with OpenStack at all.

Yes, as python-keyring is installed in almost all systems, the
behaviour is unchanged.

> If we really want to go down this road there should be an environment
> variable that can be set to turn off this behavior for applications that do
> not want it.

David, good point. I'll revise the patch to not use keyring, if
environment variable USE_KEYRING=0. If environment variable is not set
or if it is USE_KEYRING=1, then keyring is used to store password.

Doug, agree?

--
Regards,
Bhuvaneswaran A