[Openstack] [OpenStack Foundation] Individual Nominations for Foundation Board of Directors

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 23:05:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Jonathan Bryce <jbryce at rackspace.com> wrote:
> We have been trying to be open, posting nominations to the page as they come in, sending out emails and tweets to encourage people to nominate, and notifying nominees as they are nominated. If anyone wants to make their nomination public in addition to notifying the secretary they're welcome to do so, ...

Thank you everyone for the continued fantastic job!

Who receives email sent to secretary at openstack.org? Sorry, I missed
who is the acting secretary. It might be nice to include the person's
name on the page:
http://www.openstack.org/community/openstack-foundation-board-2012-election-candidates/
.

Is there currently a draft application being used? Until the actual
application is developed: "4.2 (d) (iii) the nominee must have
completed an application for a director with information determined by
the Board of Directors"

Although not currently required by the bylaws after the board is
established I'd love to revisit public nominations, as typically
political nominations are public record. Unnecessary, but consistency
is elegance. I'd be very interested to hear arguments against.

Thanks,
Lloyd
--
@lloyddewolf