[Openstack] [OpenStack Foundation] Individual Nominations for Foundation Board of Directors

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 26 16:49:32 UTC 2012

On 07/26/2012 11:35 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 10:37 -0500, Rick Clark wrote:
>> Who is the election official, running this election.  Nomination should
>> be an open process, similar to the core dev process.  It is currently
>> closed and subject to manipulation.
>>
>> I would also suggest that if you are a candidate, you must not be
>> managing the process.
>
> All reasonable points, especially for future elections.
>
> However, I think Jonathan deserves a break on this - trying to quickly
> bootstrap something means you can't get everything perfect. I'd prefer
> to see rapid progress rather than a perfect process for the bootstrap
> election.

If this were the first time an election within the project had been
held, I'd agree...but as Rick points out, the core dev and even the PTL
election process have taken place in a more open manner.  So it is a
little odd to me that the same approach wasn't used for this.  Also, it
might make sense to confirm with nominees *before* placing them on the
list...so at least they know what they are getting into ;).

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
 -Bruce Banner