[Openstack] Glance image add error

Miguel Alejandro González maggonzz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 04:47:01 UTC 2012

Hello

I'm getting this error from glance  when i try to add an image, plz help

Failed to add image. Got error:

The response body:
{"badMethod": {"message": "The server could not comply with the
request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect.", "code":
405}}
Note: Your image metadata may still be in the registry, but the
image's status will likely be 'killed'.

I try to add the image with a command like this one:
glance add name="ubuntu-oneiric" is_public=true container_format=ovf
disk_format=qcow2 < ubuntu-11.10-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk1.img

I'm using ubuntu server 12.04 as my OS and I'm using the ubuntu
packages to install OpenStack (by hand not using scripts)

Thanks in advance!