[Openstack] [openstack] nova-compute always dead on RHEL6.1

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Mon Jul 23 12:08:53 UTC 2012

On 07/23/2012 09:44 AM, 延生 付 wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> When I deply nova-compute based on epel repository, I found openstack-nova-compute always dead but pid file exists.
> While there is no any log file generated in /var/log/nova.
> The OS is RHEL6.1. The nova.conf is copied from controller node.
>
> [root at comp02-r11 nova]# service openstack-nova-compute status
> openstack-nova-compute dead but pid file exists
>
> Does anybody have clues? Thanks in advance.

RHEL6.2 is the first version targeted by the EPEL packages,
though others have successfully used 6.1.
One thing to consider is upgrading libvirt.
Strange you don't get anything in the logs.
Perhaps you could run manually to debug:

/usr/bin/nova-compute --config-file /etc/nova/nova.conf

cheers,
Pádraig.