[Openstack] [HPC] BoF at SC12

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Mon Jul 23 01:12:58 UTC 2012

On Jul 6, 2012, at 1:28 PM, John Paul Walters wrote:

> I'm strongly considering putting together a proposal for a BoF (birds of a feather) session at this year's Supercomputing in Salt Lake City.  For those of you who are likely to attend, is anyone else interested?  It's not a huge amount of time invested on my end to put together the proposal, but I'd like to gauge the community interest before doing so.  I would likely broaden things a bit from being exclusively Openstack and instead turn it into more of an HPC in the Cloud session so that we could, perhaps, take some input from other HPC cloud projects.   The submissions are due July 31, so we've got a little bit of time, but not too much.  Anyone else interested?
>
> best,
> JP

JP:

I think this was a great idea, we were thinking about proposing this if nobody else did. I would suggest making it OpenStack-specific, since there was  an "HPC in the Cloud" BoF last year (http://sc11.supercomputing.org/schedule/event_detail.php?evid=bof140), and they'll probably re-apply this year as well. I think we can get critical mass for an OpenStack BoF.

Along these lines: Chris Hoge from U. Oregon gave a talk last week at OSCON about their use of OpenStack on HPC http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012/public/schedule/detail/24261

(There are some good slides attached to that web page)

Take care,

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein