[Openstack] [nova] Specifying Schedule Filters Per Request?

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Sun Jul 22 03:48:38 UTC 2012

Hi All,

http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/admin/content/compute-options-reference.html
states that the scheduler_default_filters option in nova.conf controls
which filter class names to use for filtering hosts when not specified
in the request. How can I specify what filters to use in the request
(or can I)?

I've been experimenting with DifferentHostFilter and SameHostFilter
both of which seem very expensive if left in the default list (even if
not passing hints to engage either).  It would be nice if these we
only enabled for the few cases that want them but I don't see any
options to the python-novaclient to pass in a filter list.

Thanks,
-Jon