[Openstack] Weird nova-network bridging problem with precise/essex

Xu (Simon) Chen xchenum at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 11:47:33 UTC 2012

Narayan,

If you do  net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0 on the network
controller, does floating IP still work? For each tenant/network, a subnet
is created, and the nova-network has a .1 gateway configured on the bridge
with the vlan interface plugged in.

The packets from VMs are actually sent to the bridge for NATting. But if
you doesn't allow the bridges to call iptables, it might break public
access all together. Don't know, maybe I'm not understanding the sysctl
flag correctly... Maybe it only applies to the packet transiting the
bridge, not impacting the ones destined to the nova-network?

-Simon