[Openstack] Fwd: [Quantum] Public Network spec proposal

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Fri Jul 20 00:16:48 UTC 2012

Indeed, "public" in our context means "shared among several tenants". We
are not dealing with tenant access to the Internet or direct association of
VIF to public IP addresses.

The basic model is still the 'guest network' model. This blueprint, for
which some code is already available on gerrit, just addresses the authZ
work necessary for ensuring multiple tenants can share the same network
object.

Salvatore