[Openstack] DHCP and DNS service with FlatDHCPManager networking

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Thu Jul 19 17:11:18 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'm running essex with FlatDHCPManager (in multi_host mode should that
matter) on Ubuntu 12.04

OpenStack is very happily running DNS and DHCP on the private network
side but I can't for the life of me figure out where these services
are running or how to configure them.

The things I'd like to do that made me look for these are
1) change the domain name of the internal network from the default
novalocal (there may well be a better way to do this)
2) try to enable PXE booting (preferably from an existing PXE server
on our public side)
3) add some name servers and search domains to the info returned but
the dhcp server

anyone have any pointers on these?

Thanks,
-Jon