[Openstack] OpenStack Foundation Initial Sign Up Period

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Thu Jul 19 15:13:41 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

We've been making great progress on the formation of the OpenStack Foundation: Individual Members can register now at http://openstack.org/join.

The drafting committee has completed their work, and we have a complete set of legal documents. Our Bylaws, with appendices, and Member agreements are now posted online on http://www.openstack.org/legal/.

We've all worked very hard as a community to reach this point, and it's an exciting moment for all of us. In just two years, OpenStack has been established as one of the most important and fast-growing open source projects to date. We're witnessing an historic moment and should all take pride in having a part in shaping it.

Individual contributors, here are steps you can now take to secure representation in the OpenStack Foundation:

1. Join as an Individual Member: http://www.openstack.org/join by August 15
2. Nominate an Individual for the Board of Directors: Send nominations to secretary at openstack.org by August 6 (candidates require 10 nominations to appear on the ballot)
2. Vote for Individuals to be on the Board of Directors: Elections take place August 20-24

To provide more context, the following is a full list of key dates and milestones through the formation of the Foundation:

- July 18 - Initial Platinum, Gold & Individual membership sign up period opens
- July 18 - Nomination period for Individual member board directors opens
- August 6 - Nomination period for Individual member board directors closes
- August 15 - Initial Platinum, Gold & Individual membership sign up period closes
- August 20-24 - Gold & Individual Board director elections
- August 27 - Initial Board meeting via teleconference - operational setup
- September - Begin operational transition
- October 15 - First regular quarterly Board meeting at OpenStack Summit

Today marks a huge milestone! Thank you so much to each of you who helped to drive this process forward and define the framework for our community,

Jonathan
210-317-2438