[Openstack] What is the most commonly used Hypervisor and toolset combination?

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Thu Jul 19 09:50:49 UTC 2012

Until recently, stating that "Ubuntu is the official distro for OpenStack"
wouldn't have hurt anybody's feelings.. That's changing now, with the
Fedora+RedHat/Debian guys getting everything solid on their respective
distros..

Anyway! DevStack is Ubuntu+KVM (by default), All the per commit testing is
Ubuntu+QEMU/KVM.. The docs are best for Ubuntu+KVM. If you're doing your
first install - I would suggest sticking to that.

Once you have that all figured out, moving to something less documented
like XenAPI should be much much easier.

Good luck!

Thanks,
Kiall