[Openstack] [Swift] LFS patch (Ia32c9c34)

Caitlin Bestler Caitlin.Bestler at nexenta.com
Wed Jul 18 18:16:03 UTC 2012

Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> It sounds strange to make Swift aware of the specific LFS. One day I come up with ZaitcevFS and what happens
> then? Patching Swift again I presume.

The intent of the patch is to allow any local file system to use the same polymorphic interface. Obviously we may
be biased towards the needs of ZFS, but that is why everyone has the chance to comment.

Do you have specific suggestions on how to improve the proposed polymorphic interface. The goal is do this once
so as to enable middleware for *any* local file system optimization.