[Openstack] SNAT question

Xiaolin Zhang zhangxiaolins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:05:10 UTC 2012

I have encountered exactly the same situation with our deployment with all
outbound packets from vm tagged with server's ip as their SNAT.

After doing some investigation, I found nova-network init itself, this
filter rule will be populated;
and I wounder maybe this is a aimed design feature - to isolate all
fixed-ips and make them only visible within a subnet.

Could any expert help to clarify?

*Best Regards,
Xiaolin Zhang*