[Openstack] What is the most commonly used Hypervisor and toolset combination?

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Wed Jul 18 13:52:19 UTC 2012

To my knowledge, if you want to use Xen, using XCP or XenServer (i.e. using XenAPI driver) is the way to go. If you look at the contributions to the drivers, you can have a good guess at who is using them.

I know people are going into production on XenAPI, not heard about Xen+libvirt in production. Having said this, I have seen some fixes to Folsom around Xen + libvirt, I think from SUSE?

I work for Citrix on the XenAPI driver, so I am not exactly "impartial". My testing is certainly running XenServer 6.0.2 (+ development builds of the next release) with the XenAPI driver.

If you have any problems getting going with XenAPI, I am happy to help. Preferably through the ML to share the knowledge. I am currently doing some work improving the documentation. I have got a few patches in already, hopefully I get around to adding some more very soon.

I hope that helps,
John