[Openstack] Nova + Quantum + OVS

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:59:26 UTC 2012

Hi-

I have set up a controller- node setup with openstack, quantum and
OpenVswitch.

I'm able to create the virtual machines in the node.

The eth1 interface of controller and node are attached to the OVS br-int.

In the node, 'ovs-vsctl show'  show the port and interface binding of the
newly created VM.

IP 192.168.3.1, 192.168.3.2 are assigned to the br-int interface of the
controller and node.

Using 'nova-manage network' I have created a network IPv4 192.168.4.0/24.

VM is assigned with IP, 192.168.4.2.

from my controller machine I'm unable to ping VM having ip 192.168.4.2

Please help me troubleshoot this issue.

Thanking you all..

--
Regards,