[Openstack] VM can't ping self floating IP after a snapshot is taken

Sam Su susltd.su at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:56:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

Just This always happens in Essex release. After I take a snapshot of my VM
( I tried Ubuntu 12.04 or CentOS 5.8), VM can't ping its self floating IP;
before I take a snapshot though, VM can ping its self floating IP.

This looks closely related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/933640,
but still a little different. In 933640, it sounds like VM can't ping its
self floating IP regardless whether we take a snapshot or not.

Any suggestion to make an easy fix? And what is the root cause of the
problem?

Thanks,
Sam