[Openstack] [Nova] How to get the real device in guest os after attached a volume?

Wangpan hzwangpan at corp.netease.com
Tue Jul 17 03:29:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I have a question as the subject above, I use 'essex' and qemu-kvm.
The reason I want to know this is that, if I attach some disks on the guest,
for example, I specified target devices as /dev/vdc&/dev/vdd, but they may be /dev/vdb&/dev/vdc in the guest os,
so if the guest user want to detach the /dev/vdb(guest device), he\she will be confused with the two target devices /dev/vdb&/dev/vdc,
because he\she doesn't know the corresponding relation of the guest device and target device.
he\she may detach an error device /dev/vdd(target device) which corresponding to /dev/vdc(guest device).

Could anyone give me some idea?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Wangpan