[Openstack] Auto scaling / monitoring features

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Tue Jul 17 00:02:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

Hello,
<snip>
Last time I deployed OpenStack, I recall it didn't have any performance monitoring of VM instances or any auto scaling (up/down like Amazon ec2) features. I would like to know if any incubated projects support or plan to support these features. I'm specially interesting in auto scaling for academic research purposes. I suppose this algorithm would need to focus in maximizing performance and not minimizing costs (maybe like Amazon). I haven't delved too much into this topic yet!
</snip>

Not that am aware of.
<snip>
Anyway if there is any efforts toward these features in the community, I would like to know more information about them. Maybe I can join and help them in some way?
</snip>

Feel free to start one.

Cheers!!

http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php