[Openstack] No option fro creating and deleting users in openstack dashboard

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Sun Jul 15 07:16:46 UTC 2012

Without information on how you installed keystone/horizon, I'm going to assume the most common problem: your local_settings.py file for Horizon is misconfigured/out of date. Particularly let me point out this section in the example file:

https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/master/openstack_dashboard/local/local_settings.py.example#L69

Make sure you have that bit of code in the settings you're running with, as having that omitted (or setting "can_edit_user" to False) will cause exactly the behavior you describe.

Someday we'll be able to query this information from Keystone itself via the API, but for now we have to use a setting.

All the best,

-          Gabriel