[Openstack] Stackato and OPenStack as PAAS

Matt Ray matt at opscode.com
Sun Jul 15 01:43:30 UTC 2012

I think PaaSes should treat OpenStack much like running on top of EC2
or Rackspace or any other IaaS. They should try to be general agnostic
about the underlying infrastructure. I was glad to learn of Stackato,
it sounds like another open source PaaS to keep tabs on.

When you say "PAAS implementation in OpenStack", that sounds like
OpenStack is adopting a PaaS solution. I don't believe there is any
intention to provide or adopt an existing PaaS to be part of
OpenStack. While there are many nice open source PaaSes out there, at
some point it makes sense to draw some boundaries for OpenStack and
"on top of OpenStack".

Thanks,
Matt Ray
Senior Technical Evangelist | Opscode Inc.
matt at opscode.com | (512) 731-2218
Twitter, IRC, GitHub: mattray