[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Sun Jul 15 00:30:41 UTC 2012

George Reese wrote:
> How many years has it been? [...]
>
> The answer to those questions is:
>
> - 3

It's been 2 years, actually. Feels like 3 years, I know. We are still
maturing, obviously. But seeing the discussions we had at the last
design summit, I think that we are improving. We are now raising the
right topics. Now we need to align the participating companies resources
priorities with the objectives we identify.

As an example, at the last design summit we discussed and identified the
need to support rolling upgrades for Nova (deployments that are running
multiple versions of Nova at the same time). We even outlined a plan.
But not so many developers showed up to work on that specific feature.
"OpenStack" can't assign resources. In the end you need participating
companies to care enough to assign people to do it.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack