[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

George Reese george.reese at enstratus.com
Fri Jul 13 16:28:47 UTC 2012

Because the community has done such a good job in the area of interoperability and compatibility over the past few years that it thus deserves the benefit of the doubt even though we have a thread previously showing blatant disregard for such concerns?

No, this community has, by and large, been overtly hostile to concerns of interoperability and compatibility and I jumped into this thread exactly because it was in active expression of that ongoing overt hostility.

As I said before, that needs to change. If you don't like my methods, oh well. But this is a serious problem that is a distinct threat to the viability of OpenStack. Much, much, much more so than whether block storage is represented by the nova-volumes model or the Cinder model.

Having said that, I believe I've made my point. I think the net result is that some people better understand the pain caused by the lack of OpenStack interoperability and compatibility, and others are still interested in just paying it lips service.

We'll see what wins out come GA of Folsom, won't we?

-George

On Jul 13, 2012, at 10:47 AM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:

> On 07/12/2012 03:54 PM, George Reese wrote:
>> This community needs offending.
>
> This is your opinion and you're entitled to it but let me assure you
> that *nobody* here wants to be offended by you. This community is made
> of smart people that deserve respect: stop offending them, now.
>
> Make your point in a civil way and try to build consensus around it:
> that's how this community operates.
>
> /stef

George Reese - Chief Technology Officer, enStratus
e: george.reese at enstratus.com    Skype: nspollution    t: @GeorgeReese    p: +1.207.956.0217
enStratus: Enterprise Cloud Management - @enStratus - http://www.enstratus.com
To schedule a meeting with me: http://tungle.me/GeorgeReese