[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:38:33 UTC 2012

On Jul 12, 2012, at 11:48 AM, Christopher B Ferris wrote:

> This level of response is unnecessary.
>
> That said, the perspectives which influenced the decision seemed somewhat weighted to the development community. I could be wrong, but I did not see much input from the operations community as to the impact.

Agreed, I'm a developer, so I'm clearly biased towards what is easier for developers. It will be a significant effort to have to maintain the nova-volume code, so I want to be sure it is necessary. End users really shouldn't care about this, so the other community members who are impacted are operators.

I really would like more feedback on how painful it will be for operators if we force them to migrate. We have one clear response from Chuck, which is very helpful. Is there anyone else out there running nova-volume that would prefer to keep it when they move to folsom?

Vish