[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Jul 11 19:04:14 UTC 2012

Vish,

How would the Nova migration from Essex to Folsom take place ? I'm wondering
how we can validate Folsom without risking an existing Essex installation
via some sort of clone/migrate operation.

What is your assessment of the risk that Cinder is less stable than Nova
volume ?

Option 1 would give no option if there are issues, we would have either to
stay on Essex entirely or wait until Folsom has the issues resolved.
However, option 1 would be much cleaner code wise.

Tim

G in