[Openstack] [CHEF] Clarification on osops/chef-repo/roles/nova-compute.rb

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:08:44 UTC 2012

On 07/11/2012 12:00 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
<snip>

> Let me know if there are any things that people are wanting related to
> any of these projects from the OpenStack CI infrastructure.
> Foodcritic/jsonlint seem pretty easy - deployments on to bare nodes
> using the chef stuff similar to our devstack-based installs might take a
> little more work and would need to be planned for. :)

Yes, agreed, but this is REALLY what we need to be testing. It's totally
cool to test for cookbook style and for JSON and Ruby correctness, but
we need to test whether a set of roles/cookbooks in the repo can be
successfully deployed into a bare-metal cluster since that is the whole
point ;) Alternately, deploying into a virtualized cluster would also be
fine...

I look forward to working with you guys to set this up.

-jay