[Openstack] [Nova] Networking changes and quantum

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Tue Jul 10 15:50:27 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Ryan Lane <rlane at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> > L3 + Floating IPs are being added to Quantum in F-3 (got bumped from
> F-2).
> >

> So, I should wait until L3 and try again, but in quantum?

Yes, from talking to Vish a while back, the plan is that nova-network will
be more less "feature frozen", with new features targeting Quantum.  We're
at a bit of an awkward transition point right now, so probably best to
continue to use your nova-network implementation off an internal branch for
now, and then integrate with Quantum once the base L3 stuff is in.

> When do you expect this API to be available? I plan on backporting my
> work to nova for diablo and essex, but I'd like to make sure I have
> this upstream in the right place, and in the preferred way.

The basic L3 and notification changes should be in during Folsom-3.

Dan

--
Dan Wendlandt