[Openstack] Compressed image support ?

Christopher B Ferris chrisfer at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 10 02:40:40 UTC 2012

 John Postlethwait wrote:
>... Also, you need to make sure you are linking DIRECTLY to the image
>itself, as if it is a redirect or any other HTTP response besides the file,
>Glance will still create an image out of it and it will seem to have worked.
>Sometimes you can even launch said instances that are totally invalid. (During
>my testing of this I was able to successfully launch instances that were just
>the HTTP data from 302 redirects.)

Why would the Glance client treat an HTTP 302 redirect as a 2xx? That seems rather odd behavior,
and less like a feature and more like a bug, to me, if true. From the looks of the code, a RedirectException
should be thrown.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Industry and Cloud Standards
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Software Group, Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer at us.ibm.com
Twitter: christo4ferris